Every time we work in a productive or competitive environment, professional, educative or personal; we feel the need to know if things are going well. That feeling of wanting to know if we are doing the right thing, or if we should make some change in our actions to get back on track, or even incorporate new options to improve results that are already positives; there are part of our motivations to measure our performance. That is what KPIs are all about: Key Performance Indicators.
There are indicators that allow us to know the “health” of our operations and activities, make decisions about it and to propose actions facing a future scenery.
There are several kinds of KPI and we must be cautious choosing the one that best suits our needs. In this sense, there are 3 key statements we must understand to carry out a correct implementation in our companies:
- What is not seen, is not measured
- What is not measured, is not controlled
- What is not controlled does not guarantee results
These statements force us to think the following questions:
- What do I want to measure?
- Can I measure it objectively?
- How do I intend to measure it?
- How often should I measure it?
- What can I do with the results? / What do I want to measure it for?
- Who is intered in what I am measuring?
The first thing we have to be clear about is what we want to measure it. It can be the input of a production process, a part of the process itself, or even the results obtained. Depending on which stage we measure, we can take preventive or corrective actions in the near future. Another thing to take in mind is that the measurement is correid out automatically and/or under a clearly defined calculation definition. This will avoid biases in results that will eventually become decisions.
There are a lot of benefits in the implementations of KPIs in companies:
- Provide transparency in data, information and results
- Allow to establish communication channels
- Improve the real time process monitoring and the detection of irregular situations opportunely
- Minimize maintainability and operation costs through data-driven decision making
Currently, there are many tools that make easy both the KPI definition and their implementation in the company, through automated measurements, dashboards generation, reports and others.
Gutbit professionals have enough knowledge and experience to support you in this important improvement process. Our Visualization and Monitoring service, complemented with the suite of solutions, offer you a wide range of answers to achieve an integrated view of your processes, monitor them and communicate them through KPIs at the different levels of the company, with the appropiate segmentation for each consuming public. We even have a free trial, Take advantage of it!
- Automate the monitoring of your data
- Minimize maintainability and operational costs
- Promote your own growth and improvement
- Maximize financial and organizational benefits
- Establish communicational channels with your customers
At Gutbit we have the necessary and experienced staff of consultants to deal with the implementation of Visualization and Monitoring solutions, with which you can define, automate and implement the KPIs of your business. We are an agile and innovative company, 100% focused on the Intelligence and Data Analytics market, specialized in Big Data, Data Science and Business Intelligence.